Ship Management , Shipping & Maritime
Our client is an extremely well-established shipping company with over 140 years of experience in the maritime industry, after 100 years in the market they diversified their fleet into gas tankers, dry cargo vessels and research vessels, which now totals more than 20. Around this time, they were acquired by a family-owned shipping company based in Germany and later ex which is now over 250 years old. They are currently focusing on their Ethylene-Carriers as this is a main ingredient in plastics and this offers a secure and stable market for the foreseeable future.
The role they are offing is for a Technical Superintendent managing 3-6 gas and ethylene tankers ranging all the way from 25 years old to 2 years old. You will be an integral part of the business working closely with board members on new and exciting projects. Our client believes in a level playing field when it comes to office environment meaning that you will have just as much of a voice as anyone else, and your professional opinion will always be listened to and considered. The person you will be replacing has been working for this company for more than 10 years and is now looking to enjoy retirement after and long and happy career.
Your main tasks will include:
- Ensuring the full technical readiness of the vessels
- Planning, controlling and monitoring the implementation and quality of the execution of the maintenance and repair measures
- Preparing and coordinating Class renewals, inspections and dry dockings and maintaining vessel certificates
- Carrying out regular ship visits, worldwide and as per requirements ? Preparing budgets for maintenance, repairs and dry dockings including monitoring and controlling the costs
- Defining technical and maintenance standards for assigned equipment and elaborating specific training measures
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Completed technical studies, preferably in the field of marine/process engineering
- Experience as Superintendent for tankers
- Preferably with Chief Engineer’s COC with senior sailing experience on tankers
- Experience in project-management
- Leadership and Management skills
- Strong communication and teamwork skills ? Excellent command of the written and spoken English language
Our client is offering a competitive salary and a brilliant working environment due to the small number of employees we can guarantee that you will never feel ignored and always be seen as a fundamental member of the company, you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in one of Europe’s largest and busiest shipping hubs where there’s always something new going on.